TACLANE®-Micro (KG-175D) Network Encryptor
The World’s Most Widely Deployed HAIPE® Encryptor
TACLANE®-Micro is the most deployed High Assurance IP Encryptor (HAIPE®) and Crypto Modernization Compliant encryptor. The Micro is field proven and reliable with over 300,000 hours MTBF (based on fielded devices). Optimized for both tactical and strategic environments, the TACLANE-Micro is high speed, compact and mobile. Available as a new unit, or as a low cost trade-in for currently deployed units, the TACLANE-Micro is your high value, low cost solution. The TACLANE-Micro is supported 24/7 with Help Desk Support and comes with a five-year warranty.
Sign up to receive the latest product updates and notifications.
Features at a Glance
Windows Media (2:35)
- Ruggedized, mobile, lightweight (4.25 lbs) and low power
- Certified to protect information classified Top Secret Codeword and below
- HAIPE® v4.1 certified
- Designed to meet evolving cyber security requirements
- Seamless foreign interoperability
- Remote HAIPE-to-HAIPE keying
- Suite A/ Suite B / IPMEIR algorithm agility (per packet basis) - no manual intervention required
- IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
- 200 Mb/s aggregate throughput
- Remote management via GEM X™ Encryptor Manager
Future Software Upgradeable Features
HAIPE v4.1.2 for classified device generated shared key
(Based on Hv4.1.2)
- 1U (EIA Standard)
- 1.61"H x 5.5"W x 10.85"D
- Up to 3 units mounted side-by-side in 19" rack
- Weight: 4.25 lbs.
- TACLANE-Micro is now certified and shipping
- 25 Watts
- Lithium 3.6V for extreme environments
- User replaceable battery
- Standard alkaline AA battery for benign environments
- Passively cooled via natural convection
- MIL-STD 461E EMI-compliant power supply included
- Full bandwidth, 200 Mb/s aggregate
- 10/100 Mb/s auto negotiation (full/half duplex)
- HAIPE® IS v4.1
- Suite A / Suite B / IPMEIR
- Crypto Modernization
- Cipher-Text (CT) and Plain Text (PT)
- 10/100 Base-T electrical, RJ-45 connector
- 100 FX, 1310nm Optical, LC connector
- Standard DS-101 Key Fill Port
- Key Fill Bus Capability*
- Primary Power 12VDC
- Remote zeroize input
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 71°C (-40°F to 160°F)
- 95% humidity (non-condensing)
- MIL-STD 810 (shock, vibration, sand/dust, rain, altitude)
- MIL-STD 167-1 (vibration)
- MIL-STD 901D (Navy hammer shock)
- MIL-STD 461E (electromagnetic compatibility)
- Storage: sea level up to 60,000 ft
- Operating: sea level up to 50,000 ft
- In accordance with NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 Level 1
- 320,000 Hrs Mean Time Between Failure (Ground fixed benign)
Security Associations (SAs)
- Supports large networks with 512 fully meshed nodes simultaneously
- Existing connections replaced as needed
- 8,000 Hosts allocated over active security associations
- 48 Authenticated Pre-placed Keys (APPKs) Chains, with up to 11 changeover keys per slot (load APPKs once a year)
- Supports PPKs, FIREFLY and Enhanced FIREFLY keys
- HAIPE IS v4.1 Internet Key Exchange (IKE)v2
- Device Generated Shared Key (Good for 1 year)
- Ideal for time delay critical applications (VoIP and satellite)
- Does not exceed 59 microseconds for ≤46 byte packet (IPv4)
- Does not exceed 73 microseconds for ≤64 byte packet (IPv6)
- 60 Second setup, startup, and recovery from power-on.
- Perform locally via front console, or remotely via CT or PT interface.
- Local Management:
- Web-based using standard browser
- Retains menu TACLANE structure and command
- Optional Remote Management:
- Standards-based SNMP v3
- HAIPE IS, Standard and Enterprise MIBs supported
- Up to 12 simultaneous remote managers
- Over the network software upgrade
- Reprogram algorithms, protocols and interfaces
- IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack
- IPv6 neighbor discovery and address resolution
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) (v1/v2/v3) Queries/reports
- Multicast Listener Discovery (v1/v2)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Path Maximum Transmission Unit (PMTU)
- RIP Listener/Speaker
- NAT-T Automated Security Association Extension
- Peer HAIPE Reachability Detection (PHRD)
- Peer Destination Unreachability Notification (PDUN)
- Generic Discovery Client
- Static Routing
- IM PEPD
- HAIPE IS v1.3.5 Secure Dynamic Discovery
- TACLANE-Micro is NSA Certified to protect information classified Top Secret Codeword and below.
- Interoperable with all HAIPE compliant encryptors
- Algorithm Agile - Simultaneous Suite A/AES EFF without manual intervention
- Suite B (AES EFF)-only version available
- DePACs for U.S., CCEB, NATO, NATO Nations and Coalition R3.5 Suite B (AES EFF)
Throughput rates above are shown in aggregate.
* Hardware in place for addition of feature
All dates are based on calendar year.
The latest software upgrade available for TACLANE-Micro is Release 4.1v2 which includes the following features:
- HAIPE® v4.1 core features and extensions
- IKEv2 ECDH with Shared Secret authentication
- IPMEIR 1.0
- Unclassified Device Generated Shared Keys
- Remote management MIB updates
- Simplified Security Policy Database (configuration is now optional)
- Improved QoS support
- Enhanced HMI
- Faster startup time
- Rollback to previously installed software release
A Field Software Upgrade (FSU) is available for TACLANE-Micro encryptors currently running R3.5. The FSU maintains key material and can be performed remotely over the network using GEM X 4.1.1 or locally using the TACLANE Configuration Tool (TCT). To request the free software upgrade, please visit www.gdc4s.com/infosecsupport or call the technical Help Desk at 877-230-0236 (410-850-4893); DSN 644-1139.
Important! - Please contact your organization's Crypto Support Team for information on your organization's Release approval status.
To request a Computer Based Tutorial (CBT) covering TACLANE Rv4.1 basic configuration, please email your full name, citizenship, and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Advanced, hands-on training courses are also available. Please visit www.gdc4s.com/infosecsupport for more information.
You are never alone when you partner with General Dynamics to secure your critical information. With over 76,000 deployed NSA-certified encryptors worldwide, General Dynamics is committed to support our customers worldwide with a 24/7 technical Help Desk.
Help Desk — Contact our technical Help Desk 24 hours a day / 7 days a week:
410-850-4893 / 877-230-0236
Our Infosec support page is designed to make it easy for customers to access the information they need. Please visit www.gdc4s.com/infosecsupport for the following support features:
- Product Update Notifications — Sign up to receive technical bulletins, upgrade notices and other important product information automatically via E-mail.
- Warranty Status — Enter the serial number of your encryption device to find out the date your warranty or maintenance expires.
- Depot Status — Track your encryptor through the depot.
- Order Status — Track the status of your orders.
- TACLANE-Micro Trade-In Program — Enter the units to be returned as part of the program and print out your packing slips and shipping instructions.
- Software Requests — Request Software Upgrades for your TACLANE encryptors, GEM Patches and GEM Lite Software.
TACLANE® Encryptor Training
The TACLANE encryptor Operator Training course is a hands-on, four day course offered in both our Scottsdale, Ariz., and Linthicum, Md., facilities. The course combines classroom presentations and hands-on-exercises designed to teach you how to install, configure and maintain the TACLANE-Micro (KG-175D) and TACLANE-GigE (KG-175A) encryptors in a practical operational environment. The course also includes a compete module of training on the IP version of our GEM X encryptor manager. For more information please visit our TACLANE training homepage.
The TACLANE Course Includes:
- System overview
- Getting to know TACLANE and its operating environment
- TACLANE configuration data
- Display of TACLANE data
- Key management
- Securing calls
- Security administration
- TACLANE management functions
- Maintenance and installation
- Error scenarios and fault conditions
- Managing multiple TACLANE encryptors in an IP network environment using GEM X
TACLANE and Sectéra are registered trademarks of General Dynamics. HAIPE is a registered trademark of the National Security Agency.
The Type 1 encryption provided by the TACLANE is part of the Department of Defense Defense in Depth strategy. Type 1 encryption is only one portion of the overall defense in depth. A comprehensive network Information Assurance strategy involving Defense in Depth is required to ensure secure and reliable protection for sensitive and classified information. General Dynamics is not responsible for ensuring the security of customer networks. A customer is responsible for evaluating his/her own network security requirements and is solely responsible for ensuring the security of his/her networks.
- NSA awards Contract to General Dynamics to Develop HAIPE IS v4-Compliant Encryptors and SW Upgrades
- KG-530 Encryptor Datasheet
- General Dynamics Family of Network Encryptors
- TACLANE-Micro (KG-175D) Datasheet
- TACLANE-Micro (KG-175D) Price List
- TACLANE®-Micro Encryptor Certified by the NSA for HAIPE® IS v3.0.2 Compliance
- Visio Stencils (Various General Dynamics secure products)
- TACLANE-MultiBook Datasheet
- TACLANE-1G (KG-175G) Datasheet