Space and Ground Systems
Communications. Navigation. Weather prediction. Global defense. Search and rescue. Scientific discovery. The world is increasingly dependent on capabilities and information delivered from space to enhance and protect our lives.
General Dynamics C4 Systems creates solutions that enable the delivery of critical data and advanced capabilities from satellites in-orbit. We combine end-to-end systems integration, security engineering and information assurance expertise and products with leading edge technologies and trusted innovation to deliver our customers cost-effective solutions to bring the benefits of space down to Earth. At General Dynamics, we’re working today to improve tomorrow.
Ground Systems Solutions
General Dynamics has been a leading provider of satellite ground systems solutions for more than 30 years. Our experience and constant innovation bring the value of satellite systems in space down to the users on Earth. These solutions include:
- Integrating satellite ground networks for communication and navigation such as the U.S. Navy’s Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
- Modernizing the ground system and network for NASA’s Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) constellation, under the Space Network (SN) Ground Segment Sustainment (SGSS) program
- Satellite antennas for fixed and mobile communications
Satellite and Mission Services
Combining decades of space experience, deep understanding of our customer’s goals, and world-class personnel, General Dynamics delivers a broad range of satellite communications services, mission engineering, and operations support services. These capabilities enable our civil, commercial and government customers to successfully complete their mission. Our services include:
- Satellite Operations & Engineering Services for more than two decades, General Dynamics has worked side by side with the U.S. Navy, NASA and other government agencies. Our state-of-the-art space and communications services facility, SpacePlex is located in Las Cruces, NM.
- Satellite Communication Services, customized for federal and military customers utilizing the Iridium® global communications system
Space Encryption Solutions
General Dynamics C4 Systems’ space encryption technologies are successfully employed in numerous space missions. Our high-speed, space-based, Type 1-certified encryptors, and corresponding ground encryptors, are suited for large bandwidth data transmission. We also support the special encryption and protections needed for Telemetry, Tracking, and Control (TT&C) communications. We are exploring the application and space-qualification of our ground-based HAIPE® encryptor technologies for in-space HAIPE needs.
With a commitment to mission responsiveness, creative thinking and technical innovation, General Dynamics C4 Systems is leading the effort to transform the next generation of space and ground systems with affordable, reliable, secured and timely solutions for our customers and end users around the world.