Sectéra® vIPer™ Universal Secure Phone
Shed Outdated Technology with Our STE Trade-In Program
To assist users with upgrading to a more modern secure phone, General Dynamics is offering a new trade-in program available through December 31, 2014. Users that trade-in 200 or more STEs in a single order will receive $200 off each new Sectéra vIPer phone. Customers must provide the trade-in STE unit serial numbers at the time of ordering and must send in the destruction letters within 60 days of the vIPer shipment.
The Sectéra® vIPer™ Universal Secure Phone allows you to easily switch between making end-to-end secure and non-secure calls on Voice over IP and analog networks, eliminating the need for multiple desktop phones. The vIPer is the only VoIP phone certified to protect information classified Top Secret/SCI and below over commercial wired networks. In addition, the vIPer supports multiple key-sets for U.S. government sponsored interoperability (e.g., NATO & coalition).
|Click the picture and move your mouse.|
Play the Sectéra vIPer video.
Sign up to receive the latest product updates and notifications.
- Ideal Replacement for STU Phones
- NSA, JITC, and TSG certified, CPSD approved products list
- Embedded security — no additional Fortezza card or CIK required
- Easily switch between analog (PSTN) and VoIP (Cisco Skinny Call Control Protocol [SCCP] or Session Initiation Protocol [SIP]) networks
- Secure end-to-end voice and data transfer
- High quality voice and low SATCOM latency
- Low power
- Precedence and preemption
- Simple to install, user friendly display
- Remote management via GEM X™
- Interoperable with all government secure phones, DoD networks and devices (JITC certified), and commercial IP phones (Avaya and Cisco)
Non-secure Call Features
- Directory (200 entries)
- Speed Dial (10 entries)
- Last Number Redial
- Daily call history log (50 inbound and outbound calls)
- Time and date (dependent on network)
- Footstand adjustment for display angle
- Selectable ringtone
- Headset capable
- Volume controls
- Hearing Aid compatible
- Secure conferencing
- Multiple security users
- Configurable ringtones
|Depth||3 in. (without footstand)|
|Weight||4.5 lbs (with footstand)|
|Volume||285 cu in.|
- RS-232 data port
- DS-101 Key Fill
- Headset port
- USB port
- 10/100BaseT to LAN/WAN
- 10/100BaseT to Black Computer
- USB port
- Powered over Ethernet (802.3af) or AC power 110 to 220 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- 8 Watts maximum operating
|MIL-STD-810F (temperature, humidity, vibration, shock and altitude)|
|Operational||0ºC to +50ºC (32ºF to 122ºF)|
|Storage||–30ºC to +80ºC (–22ºF to +176ºF)|
|Altitude||Sea level up to 40,000 ft. (non-operating)
Sea level up to 10,000 ft. (operating)
Secure Data Rate
- 100+ kb/s
- Non-secure: G.7111, G.723.12, G.7262, G.729A
- Secure: G.729D, MELP
|Safety:||UL 60950, EN60950, IEC60950|
|EMI/EMC:||FCC Part 15 subpart B, Class B|
|PSTN vIPer (approval pending)|
- Transmit/Receive: Yes
VoIP Network Protocol Support
- Cisco SCCP (Skinny Call Control Protocol)
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
- DHCP, DSCP, RTP, DNS, TFTP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, MoIP, E.164, SDP
- IPv4, IPv6 (upgradeable)
Cisco Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP) Info
Cisco Call Manager1
- 4.2(3)SR3 and higher recommended
Cisco Routers (V.150.1 Gateway)
- 2811, 2821, 2851 (requires IOS: 12.4(20)T12 or higher)
- 2911, 2921, 2951 (requires IOS: 15.1(4)M3 or higher)
- 3725, 3745 (IOS: 12.4(15)T12 or higher recommended)
- 3825, 3845 (IOS: 12.4(20)T12 or higher recommended)
- 3925, 3945 (requires IOS: 15.1(4)M3 or higher)
- NM-HDv2-1 (T1/E1)
- NM-HDv2-2 (T1/E1)
- VWIC2-1MFT (T1/E1)
- VWIC2-2MFT (T1/E1)
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Info
- SIP Server & Gateway4 platforms: High Density Exchange (HDX•C), SLICE® 2100™
- Avaya Aura Application Server 5300
- MG3000 Gateway4
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager (minimum release Aura 6.2 FP2)
- G450 Media Gateway (with MP 160 media module)4
- SIP Server & Gateway4 platforms: VX900, VX1200, VX1800, VX400
1 Use of this phone with a Cisco Call Manager System requires an additional license from Cisco
2 Advanced Enterprise Services image required
3 “Universal K9” images with “UC&rquo; and “Security” licenses required
4 V.150.1 support for V.32 and V.34 modulations
Interoperable End-to-end Secure Voice/Data Communications
You are never alone when you partner with General Dynamics to secure your critical information. With over 100,000 deployed NSA-certified encryptors worldwide, General Dynamics is committed to support our customers worldwide with a 24/7 technical Help Desk.
Help Desk — Contact our technical Help Desk 24 hours a day / 7 days a week:
410-850-4893 / 877-230-0236
Our Infosec support page is designed to make it easy for customers to access the information they need. Please visit www.gdc4s.com/infosecsupport for the following support features:
- Product Update Notifications — Sign up to receive technical bulletins, upgrade notices and other important product information automatically via E-mail.
- Warranty Status — Enter the serial number of your encryption device to find out the date your warranty or maintenance expires.
- Depot Status — Track your encryptor through the depot.
- Order Status — Track the status of your orders.
General Dynamics has selected the following partners to resell Sectéra® vIPer™ Universal Secure Phones.
Avaya Government Solutions is a network-centric integrator and a reseller of the Sectéra vIPer Phone. Avaya offers a one-stop shop for solutions designed to improve workforce productivity, reduce operating costs while providing multi-vendor standards based interoperability. The collaborative relationship between GDC4S and Avaya provides the latest technology for both non-secure and secure, end-to-end Voice over IP and PSTN to streamline inter-agency communications networks by using the latest SCIP technology and upgraded algorithms.
GIT Satellite Communications is an accomplished communications systems integrator and a reseller of the General Dynamics Sectéra vIPer Universal Secure phone. In conjunction with satellite equipment and services and custom customer commanded solutions, the Sectéra vIPer Phone provides a complete secure site communication solution for both remote and permanent installations. GIT Satellite Communications’ satellite portfolio provides voice and data applications that empower military, federal, state and local governments, and emergency responders with reliable, interoperable assured communications capabilities. GIT Satellite Communication’s GIT X-Track™ Location Bases Services (LBS) certified software enables online management and tracking capability all of your valuable assets anywhere on the globe. This state-of-the-art web-based tracking solution provides alerts and text messages that can be retrieved via the web or Smartphone. All of your satellite devices can be managed through a single interface by group or individually. GIT’s location-based intelligent “cloud” system is available anywhere, anytime, 24/7/365.
Literature and Pricing
Sectéra and vIPer are trademarks of General Dynamics. Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other product and service names are the property of the respective owners.
Related News Releases
- May. 14, 2014: General Dynamics Delivers 4000th Sectéra vIPer Secure Phone to U.S. Department of State
- May. 8, 2014: General Dynamics’ Sectéra vIPer Universal Secure Phone Speeds Telecom Modernization for FBI
- Jan. 5, 2010: General Dynamics Receives NSA Certification for Sectéra® vIPer™ Phone Enabled With Public Switched Telephone Network Connectivity