GD Protected™ Secure Smartphones
Connected - Commercial - Secure
GD Protected™ is a suite of services, software, and technology that secure commercial smartphones, tablets and their applications. Available worldwide on multiple commercial devices and carriers, GD Protected is designed to keep the global mobile workforce across governments, military and regulated enterprises secure. GD Protected solutions give you the ability to securely access restricted and open networks for data, talk, text and video conference using commercial hand-held devices. The combination of General Dynamics’ 45 years of experience securing classified communications for the government, along with the leading global commercial smartphone manufacturers, brings you the security you need, with the choices you have come to expect.
- Access to restricted and open networks (Internet, NIPRNET, SIPRNET*)
- Secure wireless cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Secure email and web browsing
- Secure voice and video apps (expected 2014)
|View the STIG document here.
GD Protected is installed on your commercial device via a simple, over-the-air process:
- The carrier specific "Golden Image" is stored on General Dynamics Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA) servers located in a secure, U.S. based data center
- The "Golden Image" is certified for Government Security Requirement Guidelines (SRGs) and provisioned securely using GD specific key
- Travelers & Telecommuters
- Field Agents
- First Responders
- Regulated Enterprises (healthcare and financial)
- Those responsible for protecting critical resources (power, oil and gas)
GD Protected Devices
- GD Protected security is expected to be available on selected Samsung Galaxy smartphones 3Q 2013 for Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) communications and 2014 for Classified communications. Via an over-the-air re-flash of the secure operating system, GD Protected ensures trusted provisioning and integrity of your hand-held device purchased through your normal procurement channels.
GD Connect™ Services
- Part of General Dynamics' GD Protected family of software and applications for securing mobile communications devices, GD Connect services help manufacturers (OEMs) and integrators rapidly architect and build high assurance mobile phones, tablets and other intelligent devices. In particular, GD Connect services support creating virtualized devices that deploy multiple operating systems in an architecture promoting isolation, controlled sharing and policy-based management of resources.
Click here to request the GD Connect Services White Paper.
- The easy-to-use secure Voice over IP (VoIP) and video conference apps secure sensitive voice and video communications and are expected to be available in 2014.
To download a copy of the GD Protected datasheet or to receive additional information on GD Protected solutions, please click here.
The "Bring Your Own Device" Initiative
The "Bring Your Own Device" (or BYOD) initiative outlines the need for IT departments to support personally owned mobile devices along with enterprise-issued devices. This white paper outlines considerations for enterprises to evaluate the potential for BYOD implementation, involving smartphones and tablets, to meet the needs of mobile workers in military, government and regulated industries who need to access protected networks and keep communications and information safe. Click here to request the BYOD white paper.
*SIPRNET Access expected 2014
In the News
General Dynamics announces a strategic partnership with Samsung to incorporate its “GD Protected” technology into Samsung GALAXY devices running Samsung KNOX™.
Wall Street Journal — Samsung Electronics Co. has spent the last several years luring smartphone consumers away from Apple Inc.'s iPhones. Now, the South Korean giant is taking aim at Research In Motion Ltd.'s still-formidable grip on the world's most security-conscious government and corporate clients.
At Mobile World Congress 2013, General Dynamics is demonstrating the first commercial smartphone with virtualization-based security for mobile enterprises.